I found blue tortilla chips at Trader Joes that only have 5 ingredients, and even though I consider them 100% junk food, I am serving them tomorrow with guacamole and salsa. I loosely follow this recipe when making guacamole, but I am a big fan of tasting as I go and adding what I think is needed.
- 3 avocados - peeled, pitted, and mashed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
If you don't want to make homemade salsa, look around in the deli section of your grocery store. I found a salsa at Costco that is 100% fresh ingredients and nothing else added. So, I cheated and bought some. However, I LOVE making my own salsa. It's simple....tomatoes, jalapenos, onions, lime juice, salt. Mix, blend, taste and tweak.
I am serving veggies (cucumber, carrots, celery, and yellow grape tomatoes) with hummus.
- In a blender, chop the garlic. Pour garbanzo beans into blender, reserving about a tablespoon for garnish. Place lemon juice, tahini, chopped garlic and salt in blender. Blend until creamy and well mixed.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium serving bowl. Sprinkle with pepper and pour olive oil over the top. Garnish with reserved garbanzo beans.
- 15-20 mini sweet peppers
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup goat cheese (you can substitute mozzerella, but I don't know why you would want to)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp diced sundried tomatoes
- salt and pepper
2. In a bowl, mix cream cheese and goat cheese.
3. Add garlic, basil, sundried tomatoes, salt and pepper.
4. Using a small spoon, fill the mini pepper with the mixture.
5. OPTIONAL: bake/broil for 5-10 minutes until pepper is soft
And, Mr. McGhee's absolute favorite bacon wrapped jalapenos.
1. Put on latex gloves.
2. Split jalapenos in half-lengthwise.
3. Remove seeds and little white membrane.
4. Smear cream cheese into pepper.
5. Wrap with a piece of bacon.
6. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.
No pictures right now, I will update tomorrow! Enjoy the