Thursday, September 6, 2012

"Hey, I made panckaes!"

If you're my friend on Facebook, you already know that yesterday I posted this picture with the comment "This is me."


It's received a lot of laughs and comments from my friends.  But, I feel like I need to clarify a few things.

1.  I am a smart woman.
2.  I am an opinionated woman.
3.  I follow politics closely and will happily go toe-to-toe with anyone that wants to debate me.
4.  I think that on a National platform, politicians are all self-serving and in the pockets (or pants) of large corporations.
5.  I firmly believe that if you want to make a difference in the world, stick with a local, grassroots organization.

That being said, I do make amazing pancakes.  And french toast.  And I think that there are a lot of women who make incredible french toast that could get more done in the 10 minutes that it takes them to make french toast than most of the men running our country can do in 4 years.  See.  I can rant too.

French Toast

  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • dash of cinnamon
  • splash of vanilla extract
  • 10 to 12 slices bread (I only use Great Harvest Honey Wheat.  Because I love them.  And guess what?  They love me too.)
  • butter
  • maple syrup (100% pure maple syrup).
1.  Break eggs into a wide, shallow bowl or pie plate; beat lightly with a fork. Stir in cinnamon, vanilla extract, and milk.
2.  Over medium-low heat, heat griddle or skillet coated with a thin layer of butter or margarine.
3.  Place the bread slices, one at a time, into the bowl or plate, letting slices soak up egg mixture for a few seconds, then carefully turn to coat the other side. Soak/coat only as many slices as you will be cooking at one time.
4.  Transfer bread slices to griddle or skillet, heating slowly until bottom is golden brown. Turn and brown the other side. Serve French toast hot with butter and syrup. 
Soak your bread on each side.



Let the excess batter drip off a bit.


Cook until brown on each side.



Pure maple syrup and butter.  




My minis love french toast.  It's a fun alternative to pancakes.  Not that pancakes aren't awesome.  Because they really are.  Totally facebook status update worth.