Pumpkin is very healthy, and a great source of vital antioxidants, and vitamins. Pumpkin is a low calorie vegetable that contains vitamin A, flavonoid poly-phenolic antioxidants such as leutin, xanthin, and carotenes. What I'm trying to say is you should eat pumpkin.
Unfortunately, my absolute favorite, pumpkin spice lattes, do not contain any of the above nutrients.
I've been on a mission to find a recipe for a pumpkin smoothie and I finally found one that I love and want to share.
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin, unsweetened
- 1 cup apple cider (not apple juice)
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice (optional spice add-in: cayenne for spiciness)
- 1 1/4 cups frozen banana slices
- 1/4 cup soy creamer – (I substituted with 1/4 cup vanilla almond milk)
- 1/4 cup ice