Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Food coloring?!?!?

I try to keep things funny and light-hearted around here, but today I wanted to ask you to take a few minutes to read this in lieu of reading my rambling stories about my goofy family.

I know that I have been labeled a "health food nut" by most of you, but you don't have to be an extremist like I am to be upset by that information.  I urge you to think carefully about eating and serving food that is chock full of food coloring.  Here are some safer options that I have posted in the past....

And you guys know that I can't leave you without a new recipe for the day, so I thought I would share my new favorite veggie dish with you.

Zucchini and Carrot sticks
  • 2 zucchini (sliced into sticks)
  • 5-6 large carrots (peeled and cut into sticks)
  • sea salt
  • pepper
  • italian seasoning (or any seasoning of your choice)
  • olive oil spray (or cooking spray of your choice)
  • olive oil
1.  Preheat oven to 425.
2.  Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
3.  Spray waxed paper with olive oil spray.
4.  Put your sliced veggies in a large bowl.  Drizzle with olive oil (no need to over-drizzle).  Season with salt, pepper, and seasoning.
5.  Lay out on the cooking sheet.
6.  Cook for about 20 minutes or until golden in color.  Flip the veggies halfway through cooking time. 

Slice your veggies and drizzle with oil.



Season your veggies and lay out on your baking sheet.



Bake until golden.


These veggies are delish!!!  We all loved them!  I particularly enjoyed them the next day along with a cup of brown rice.