So, if you're in the same boat as I am here is a couple of lunch ideas that I have been rotating lately. The first is a yummy spinach and fruit salad.
Heids McGhee Winter Fruit Salad
- grapefruit (cut into chunks)
- orange (cut into chunks)
- pomegranate seeds (a VERY fun project for the minis....removing pomegranate seeds)
- crumbled feta cheese
- salad dressing of your choice
- salt and pepper
1. Combine all the ingredients.
This salad is very delish. Super healthy too!
My other favorite lunch is turkey roll-ups. My disclaimer is that this is a very processed meal, but it is convenient and would be the perfect lunch to pack to take with you to work.
- cream cheese, I used garlic and herb Laughing Cow (when I make these for the minis, I use hummus
- turkey slices (I get sliced oven roasted turkey breast from my local deli)
- pepper slices (I also like to add cucumber)
1. Slather your cheese or hummus on your tortilla.
2. Add your turkey and veggies and roll.
I love these. THey're quick to make and convenient to pack. They'll make all your coworkers with their lame diet lunches feel like a schmuck. And that will ease your on a diet/counting calories/cutting back crankiness.