So the other day I was getting my first opportunity of the day to sit down and relax. As I happily reached for my iPad to log into Pinterest, I realized it was 5:30 and I had 3 minis staring at me, expecting me to feed them. Being the loving mom that I am, I set aside my iPad (telling myself that I was getting these 3 minis into bed ASAP because my Pinterest account was screaming my name) and went to work in the kitchen. And that's when my inner bad-ass told me to crank up the Flo-Rida and start cooking.
So I started by roasting some bell peppers that I had harvested from the garden that morning.
As soon as I saw my peppers blackening under that open flame I knew that I was a force to be reckoned with that night in the kitchen. So I chopped up some garlic and onion and sauteed them in some olive oil.
At this point, Flo-Rida was singing Wild One, and I was inspired to tap into my inner wild side, so I reached for a package of chicken sausage. And, guess what? My inner wild side doesn't care that this chicken sausage has more than 5 ingredients, so it got chopped and sauteed as well.
At this point, I was on a roll, so I threw in some sundried tomatoes as well.
I tossed it all together with some whole wheat pasta noodles, and topped with fresh shredded parmesan.
Delish. Seriously. Flo-Rida would be proud to know that he inspired such bad-ass pasta.
I loved this pasta. Mr. McGhee loved this pasta. My minis loved this pasta. My sweet snuggly middle mini LOVED this pasta. And, now I am a little concerned that he has a screamin' inner bad-ass as well.
Heids McGhee's bad-ass pasta
- bell peppers (I used red, orange, and yellow)
- diced onion
- diced garlic (2-10 cloves, depends on how bad you really want to be!)
- olive oil
- chicken sausage, sliced
- sun-dried tomato packed in oil (sliced)
- whole wheat pasta
- fresh shredded parmesan cheese
2. Saute garlic and onion in olive oil for a couple of minutes. Add chicken sausage and saute until browned.
3. Add sun-dried tomato and saute an additional minute or two.
4. Toss chicken mixture with roasted peppers and pasta. Top with cheese.