Flatbread is super easy to do. You can make it an appetizer or the meal, itself. Heck, you could probably get real creative and make it dessert too!
- 1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
1. Heat grill until hot.
2. Place 1/2 cup warm water in a medium size bowl and sprinkle the yeast on top; stir to dissolve, then set aside for 5 minutes until the yeast is foamy.
3. Add olive oil, flour and salt and mix to combine.
4. Turn the dough onto a well floured surface, knead 2 minutes or until elastic.
5. Place dough in an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let it stand in a warm place for 30 minutes.
6. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface, divide into 4 equal pieces and roll out each piece to 1/8 inch thick round.
7. Lightly brush one side of each round with olive oil and place the rounds oiled side down on the hot grill.
8. Grill the flatbread for 2 minutes, brush the side that's facing up with olive oil and flip the rounds.
9. Grill for 2 more minutes, remove from the grill and sprinkle the hot bread with salt before serving.
Easiest dough ever to make.
Let dough sit for 30 minutes.
Roll it out. Don't make it too pretty. You want it to look homemade.
Toss these babies on the grill after you oil them.
Flip over and add toppings. Make your Mr. very nervous by using his grill.
Don't drop shredded cheese on the grill. Unless you enjoy watching your Mr. sweat.
Let your toppings melt.
I added my toppings after step 8, so that they were melted and warm as well. I topped mine with pizza sauce and fresh mozzarella cheese and with pesto, fresh mozzarella, and sliced tomatoes. They were delish and we will definitely make them again. Probably when we sit down to cheer for the Reds, Giants, and USC.