Wednesday, May 30, 2012

80's fashion and Chia Pudding

A few weeks ago, I introduced you to chia seeds.  If you don't remember, there are supposedly a lot of health benefits to consuming chia seeds.  


I agree though.  I still think it's weird to eat these babies.
However, here is why I think you should regularly consume chia.  If they do happen to be the super-food that recent studies are proposing them to be, then you will be glad you have been including them in your diet.  If, in the future, they end up being something that we all are laughing about haven eaten, you will be glad that you are in on the joke with the rest of us.  Chia seeds are sort of like tight rolling your jeans.  We all look back and think, "why did I ever do that?" but, yet, we are all glad that during those years we fit in the crowd with everyone else.  








Could you imagine today being that one person at a party that says, "I never tight rolled my jeans?"  It would be social suicide.


I already told you that you can eat chia in your breakfast oatmeal.  Another way you can try chia is in chia pudding.  


Chia Pudding



  • 1/4 cup whole chia seeds
  • 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1/2 scoop vanilla brown rice protein powder (I used plain protein powder, Tera's Whey)
  • 1 T rolled oats
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 to 4 drops of liquid stevia, or other natural sweetener
  • 1/2 sliced banana
  • 1/8 cup blueberries
1.  In a bowl, mix together all ingredients except the banana and blueberries.  Stir.  A lot.
2.  Let sit on the counter or in the fridge for 8-10 minutes. Stir in the banana, top with blueberries and enjoy!
Mix it up well.


Let sit for a bit.  Go tight roll your jeans.  For old times sake.




Combine with your mix-ins.



Eating chia is strange.  But, definitely not the strangest thing I've ever done.  I'll save that story for a later day.