Thursday, July 19, 2012

Grilled Veggies, Take Two

Have you tried my grilled veggies yet?  If you haven't, I am going to be honest...I'm sort of angry with you.  Because, once you do try them, you're going to have an "Oh my gawd, Heids McGhee, you have rocked my world" moment.  And then, you will email to tell me about your OMGHEYHRMW moment.  So, by you not making my veggies, I suffer because my inbox could always use more "you are the best thing that has ever happened to me" emails.


So, try my veggies.  And make a triple batch.  Because you are going to eat twice the amount you ever thought you would and you will need the leftovers for lunch the next day.


Heids McGhee's Grilled Veggie Sandwich

  • grilled veggies (cold, left-over)
  • naan (or pita)
  • hummus (I used my own, but I think a roasted red pepper would be fabulous)
  • feta cheese
1.  Smear the hummus on your naan or pita.
2.  Layer as many grilled veggies as you can on the pita.
3  Sprinkle with feta cheese.

I cheated and bought naan at Whole Foods.  It was 105 degrees where I live the day I made these.  I wasn't turning my oven on for anything!  My friend Astrid shares a recipe for naan, if you prefer homemade (which, of course, incredibly awesome people do.  I chose not to be incredibly awesome on that particular day).

Layer those veggies on as high as you can.  If you're feeling a little crazy, drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar.





Fold in half and eat.  Make one for the minis too.  Because if you don't, they're going to do that annoying hover that they do when they want a bite of what you're eating.  And you won't want to share this.



And, please email me and let me know when I give you a moment.  And, if you love me, please pin me on pinterest.  (I've always wanted to say that).