Thursday, July 12, 2012

Shrimp Scampi

Wow, thank you all for the support after my last post.  I didn't expect that, it was wonderful! And a huge thank you to Half Size Me for the shout-out on her blog.  


This past weekend, my best friend came to visit.  She brought her handsome Mr. and her 4 precious minis with her.  That means I had 7 minis and a puppy in my house all weekend.  And, I may be pointing out the obvious, but when you have 7 minis and a puppy to take care of, you really don't get a chance to leave the house.  So we stayed home and entertained ourselves by digging baby toys out of the puppy's mouth and digging puppy food out of the baby's mouth.  True story.


I was super happy to be able to cook for our company.  Mainly because they are those really polite type of people that would gush over anything I put in front of them.  So I decided that was the perfect opportunity to try a new recipe shrimp scampi that I have been dying to try.  Before I share the recipe, I have to urge you to never buy shrimp that isn't from the US or Canada.  If you need more info regarding that, you can start here.

Grilled Shrimp Scampi
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 3 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
  • 1 tbsp minced garlic (I used more)
  • black pepper
  • 1.5 pounds shrimp
1.  Mix olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, garlic and pepper.  Pour over shrimp and let marinate in a ziploc bag in fridge for 30 minutes.  (I marinated longer).
2.  Place shrimp on skewers.
3.  Grill until pink, about a few minutes on each side.

Shrimp.





Marinade.




On skewers, ready to grill.



Grilled.  Delish.  No shrimp will ever compare.



As you can probably tell from the picture, these were beautiful and delish.  Super easy.  I served them with grilled veggies (drizzled with balsamic vinegar).  My guests loved the meal, of course.  Several of the minis did as well.  Except for the baby, she preferred the puppy food.