Friday, June 8, 2012

Breaking the Rules

The little Mother Nature I carry around inside of me is uncomfortable with breaking the rules.  But, it's Friday and I'm feeling like cutting loose a little.  








I'm probably not going to go as far loose as my friend, Will, but these are things I plan on doing tonight.....enjoying a salty dog, eat some processed food, and stay up past 9 o'clock.  The reality is I am too tired to make the processed food I have been dreaming about all week.   So, I will probably make the salty dog, drink half of it and fall asleep before 9.  But, as of right now, the intent is there.


These brownies are my favorite dessert ever.  There is nothing more I can say.  


Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies
  • one box of  Betty Crocker® Original Supreme Premium brownie mix
  • water
  • vegetable oil
  • egg
  • one pouch of premade cookie dough (or you could make your own homemade cookie dough)
  • 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate morsels
  • 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 6 Tbsp butter

1.  Follow the recipe on the box to prepare the brownie mix.  Pour into a 13 x 9 pan.
2.  Drop spoonfuls of the cookie dough into the brownie mix.  Push the dough down so that the top of the brownie/cookie dough mixture is flat.
3.  Bake according to package directions.
4.  Cool.
5.  Once cooled, in a small saucepan heat cream and butter until just before the boiling stage.
6.  Pour over the chocolate morsels.
7.  Let stand about 20 seconds and stir until smooth.
8.  Pour over brownies and let stand before cutting.  


I think I am pointing out the obvious when I say there are absolutely no health benefits to this recipe.  Unless you consider a mega floor of happy endorphins a health benefit.  I would argue it is.

Prepare your brownie mix and pour into a dish.





Drop in cookie dough and flatten.



Once brownies are cooled, prepare ganache.  Put chocolate chips in a bowl....




Add hot cream and butter mixture.



Let sit for 20 minutes.



Stir......

....until it resembles this.....


Pour on top of brownies and let it cool.




If you can resist licking the bowl, you are a better woman than I am.  Better than this girl too.


Delish.  Sinful.  Enjoy.  Rest your tummy.  Go to gym.