And because I know Mr. McGhee reads this blog faithfully every single morning as soon as he gets to work, I am going to spell out for him what I want him to make me for dinner tonight.
Grilled shrimp and veggies.
Papa McGhee's (that's the mini's papa) grilled shrimp and veggies
- uncooked shrimp, lots of it because I love shrimp
- veggies (mushrooms, onion, zucchini, squash, bell peppers, and cherry tomatoes)
- olive oil
- chopped fresh garlic
1. Marinate shrimp and veggies in the olive oil and garlic all day. (So Mr. McGhee, you're going to need to get to the store NOW). (Make sure you marinate the veggies separately from the shrimp).
2. Grill the shrimp on skewers until they turn pink.
3. Grill the veggies in a grill basket until they are brown and crispy on the edges.
Enjoy. Poolside. With well-behaved minis. And non-jumping-biting-peeing puppy. With handsome Mr. eagerly refilling your beverage and actively listening to you obsess over whether you should sign up to run another half or full marathon.